Following my passion is something I have always subconsciously done. For me, it was a natural escape when life hit me hard. I just chose to go to my “happy place.” To create a new “something,” learn a new skill, or volunteer to help humanity – those are my joys.
In every newly created future, unexpected opportunities became available; my adventurous side took over and I jumped in! These cycles of re-discovering myself with each new “thing” allowed me to avoid complacency and change course, grow, and build deeper connections with others and myself. Now I share this learning with you.
A new world recently opened after learning skills in an ICF coaching class. The new expertise in helping people look at their problems and issues, to resolve the unanswered questions and complex challenges that drive your life, is what drives me now.
My 4 Pillars of Life, Community, Passion, Laughter and Peace, are how I live my life. Now is the time for you to dive in and Dare to Live Brave, too! Are you ready? I’m looking forward to speaking with you.
I am a life-long learner and have a variety of certificates and degrees. My education is centered around communicating, efficiency, and helping people in different ways:
- BA in Communications with a Minor in French – Rider University (lived in Aix-en-Provence)
- Masters in Legal Studies/Dispute Resolution – Montclair State University
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) – International Coaching Federation
- Leadership Coaching for Organizational Performance Certificate – Rutgers University
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
I love to teach, organize, and have people walk away with practical skills. I have…
- Taught at Kean University, Rutgers University, and Stevens Institute on several topics including “How to Read and Dismantle a Contract” and “Negotiations;”
- Written over a dozen articles that were published in various meeting planning magazines (see articles tab);
- Delivered multiple “Mastering the Art” series webinars for PMI, Girl Scout Leadership, and Rutgers;
- Created and led customized workshops: How to have Difficult Conversations, Mediation and Conflict Resolution;
- Had the honor of being a speaker at PMXPO 2020 – Mastering the Art of Human-ness in Project Management.
I am a huge believer in giving back. I am lucky to live a life where I can lend a hand in these passions:
- Girl Scouts Service Unit – Supporting our girls!
- CASA (court appointed special advocate) – Making sure kids in foster care have an advocate as they navigate their journey.
- Court Mediator – Helping people to resolve conflicts through open communication.
- Treasurer for the local PTA and Girl Scouts – Fiscal responsibility is a HUGE passion. Knowing and having control over your finances is a key to freedom.
– I am a black-belt in MMA (practicing for my 2nd degree) and have an advanced brown belt in Goju Ryu traditional Okinawan style karate.
– I manage and am the bookkeeper for the family-run animal hospital along with my husband.
– I love new cultures and adventure…. and can often be found backpacking around the globe along with my husband, mom, and two children.