All coaching and educational services and communication, website, email, blog, webinars, podcast, speaking engagements or otherwise, delivered by Dare to Live Brave, LLC (your “Coach”), as well as information on this website (dlbcoaching.com are meant to help you identify obstacles to achieving your goals in your thinking and in your life. Coaching is not professional mental health care or medical care. Coaching may be in addition to your therapy, but coaching should be started after major emotional and psychological wounds are addressed.
By purchasing these coaching (and other) services from Dare to Live Brave, LLC, you confirm that you have read and agree to each statement and that you wish to proceed:
- Coaching and the Coach-Client Relationship: The Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of the Client’s life, including his or her work with the Employer, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that the decision as to how to handle or address these issues and the incorporation of coaching principles into those areas and the implementation of choices rests solely and exclusively with the Client and not the Coach.
- The Client understands that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for those matters.
- The Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance and advice as needed. If the Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is strongly recommended that he/she promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed to by the Client and the Coach and will provide a referral letter from my health care provider.
- At all times during the rendering of professional coaching services by the Coach and receipt of the same by the Client, the Client shall be solely responsible for creating and implementing his or her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship between the Coach and the Client. The Client retaining the services of the Coach acknowledges and agrees that the Coach shall not be liable or responsible for any action or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of the professional coaching services provided by the Coach.
- Client understands that coaching is, at present, an unregulated industry and that my Coach is not licensed by the State of New Jersey or any other state. Client also understands that for all legal purposes, the services provided by my Coach will be considered to be provided in the State of New Jersey.
- Client understands that my Coach is not promising outcomes of coaching services, recommendations, or communications. Further, Client understands that the Coach only guarantees to deliver the services purchased and described in the Coaching Agreement.
- Confidentiality: The coaching relationship, in this instance between the Coach and the Client, as well as all information, both oral and in writing, that the Client shares with the Coach as part of the coaching relationship contemplated by this Agreement is bound by the principles of confidentiality as set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. The parties hereto recognize that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (such as with one’s physician or attorney) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The absence of any such legally recognized principle of confidentiality shall not impair or restrict the Coach’s duty of confidentiality as set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics.
- Confidential Information does not include information that 1) was in the Coach’s or Client’s possession prior to being furnished by the Client to the Coach; 2) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; 3) Is obtained by the Coach from a third party (not the Client), without a breach of any obligation to the Client; 4) is independently developed by the Coach without the use or reference to the Client’s confidential information; 5) the Coach is required by law, statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; 6) is disclosed to the Coach by the Client and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and 7) involves illegal or criminal activity.
- Client understands and will protect the information on the services, process, fees, and the coach’s information as confidential unless the Coach states otherwise in writing.
- Client understands that the use of technology is not always secure and accepts the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Zoom, Skype and other technology.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- Limited Liability. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Clients’ exclusive remedy shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
- Client hereby releases, waives, acquits and forever discharges my Coach, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages client may claim to have or that may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by my Coach as a result of the advice given by my Coach or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement.